Sportsmen's Nation - Big Game | Western Hunting
Bear Hunting Magazine - Oklahoma Bear Biology with Jeff Ford
On this episode of the Bear Hunting Magazine Podcast, we sit down with friend and Oklahoma Department of Wildlife biologist Jeff Ford.
On this episode of the Bear Hunting Magazine Podcast, we sit down with friend and Oklahoma Department of Wildlife biologist Jeff Ford. He's the "Bear Man" in Oklahoma and we talk nuts-and-bolts biology of Sooner bruins. We all have something to learn about the icon of North American wilderness in this episode!
- History of bears in Oklahoma
- Effectiveness of bait as a conservation tool
- Quota vs. no quota seasons
- Harvest highlights of the first ten bear seasons in Oklahoma
- Effects of weather on harvest rates
- Bear habitat
- Bear movement patterns and ranges
- Big bear weights
- Population growth of hunted group
- Expansion of bear hunting area
- Food sources
- Denning patterns & torpor vs. hibernation